Saturday 15 September 2007

Dodged a bullet!

Well, Denton did it...but somehow I was able to dodge a bullet, and a pretty big one at that, thanks to a very good friend.

When I broke up with Denton, the last message he said was I'd be sorry for breaking up with him...and well, I opened up the school newspaper a couple days ago, and instead of our team winning a home-and-home series against our rivals leading off the sports section, it was an "expose" by Denton about a gay player that was on the soccer team. He didn't name the person specifically, but he dropped enough hints to make sure that everyone suspected it was me. In short, I was pretty much outed without being named.

Naturally, walking into the locker rooms the next day was pretty awkward...and even on the way, some of my teammates were already asking. Except they saw me with Amy.

Oh yeah, Amy. She's a freshman who I met at a game over the summer in North Carolina. She's pretty, intelligent, and well, things sort of changed when she told me she was going to the same school as I was...and well, it's hard not to fall in love with someone like her. She gave me those same feelings that I had when I spent time with Denton, except it's not...well, career ending, which would suck.

teddy_amy

So my teammates saw me with Amy, and let's just say the rumors ended right there. I don't know what's going to happen to Denton, but I don't think it's going to be good. But at least, I don't get those feelings I have for guys any more, which means I can focus on soccer and winning a national championship...and Amy, of course.

Oh yeah, Jake came out to his entire family last week, and apparently they took it surprisingly well. I met his boyfriend Les over the summer when they came to a game, and they look so perfect together...kinda like how things are with me and Amy. It's good to be feeling free again.

No comments:

Post a Comment