Thursday 10 September 2009

How time flies...

Wow, it's been a while since I've written on here! I thought I was only going to leave this for a couple weeks, but turns out it's been almost two years...

It's been a wild ride, but I've loved every moment of it...but now, I'm in the last year of my college career. We still haven't won the College Cup, but you're looking at one of the top defender prospects for the 2010 MLS Superdraft.

...That's IF I choose to sign with the MLS team that picks me! I got a call from a team in England last week who said they want me try out for them. Granted, the team is in League One, but it's ENGLAND. ENGLAND! What soccer-playing kid growing up ANYWHERE in the world wouldn't dream of playing in Europe?! It'd be a dream come true if they signed me, but as coach said...one step at a time. We've still got a whole season to go, and one more shot at winning that national championship before I make the jump across the Pond. The senior team and even the 2010 World Cup in South Africa can't be far off from here!

Well, that's the dream anyway. In the last year I've gotten the chance to train with some MLS teams, and even got to play a full summer of semi-pro ball with a PDL team (we won a few games, but didn't make the playoffs). And to add to that, I even got a chance to visit Germany to see Werder Bremen play. I even got to see my other hero, Torsten Frings, play. And even better, if the reports from all the press and the blog types are right, I could be a high draft pick.

...IF I choose to go to MLS. IF. What kid that started playing soccer in Billings, Montana could say that!?

Speaking of dreams, I'm still with Amy. Going on two years now, and it seems my feelings for other guys have gone. Jake's not convinced I can keep up the "charade" forever with her, but I'm sure I've beaten it. He keeps telling me about how excited he is about him and Les moving in together in their new apartment in Queens, and nags at me to about how I would leave Amy and Denton like I did abandoned him that night at Tanner's house. We got into an argument over the phone, which we kinda later came to the conclusion was stupid -- that's Jake and I's relationship for ya, we bicker like an old married couple sometimes, but we somehow make up.

What's important is that I keep reminding myself of what's important, and the feelings go away. Life is good, and really, it can only get better! My soccer dreams are alive, and I've got a beautiful girlfriend who keeps me grounded. Everythings's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment