Tuesday 22 September 2009

Season...done.

My life is over.

My ankle is fucked, royally. Got it caught on the turf during a tackle in our last game, and it snapped like a dry branch. I was rushed to the hospital for further tests, but I knew the diagnosis before the doctors could tell me: my senior season is DONE. They tried to tell me it was fixable, but I was so hepped on painkillers, I barely could understand all the medical words they were tossing at me.

Goodbye England, goodbye Europe, goodbye MLS. I’d be lucky if I could get into the USL now. Or was it the NASL? I know another North Carolina guy is up there, David Testo I think? Maybe if I’m good enough, Montreal might take me...but then I’d have to learn French.

No, I can’t give up. I can’t. I’m getting surgery on it tomorrow, and if it all works out and we make it to College Cup, I could make it back.

...I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment