Wednesday 16 November 2005

When a win feels like a loss...

Yesterday was our Sectional game, and we won. But it feels like a loss. Why? Because my best friend fucking hates me, he's quitting soccer and it's all my fault.

This morning I tried talking to Jake again before school to apologize, but he just ran past me. In Chem I tried again, but he just gave me the cold shoulder. He didn't take the bus with the team to the other school's field, but if he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have survived: the guys just kept picking on him even when he wasn't there, and just kept on going even when coach announced that he had quit...and I just joined along.

Even when I got on the field, I just couldn't shake the feeling. But somehow, despite the things in my head, I was able to score a goal on a free kick 30 yards out to put us up 1-0. But just as we were getting set to start the second half, one of their defenders called me a lying faggot piece of shit. Turns out he was one of Tanner's sister's friends who had noticed me going up the stairs with Jake.

What came afterward was a blur: I saw a red card, fists were flying, everyone was yelling and screaming, there was lockers being slammed. I can still hear Coach chewing me out in my brain, but that's it. But let's say that defender wasn't talking more smack...not for that night anyway, since I laid him out.

But now, I'm suspended for the next three games which means even if we made it to State, I'd be sitting out.

This mess just gets worse and worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment